Anti-satellite radio ad

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Wed Mar 17 16:40:53 EST 2004

>DATE: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:23:27
>From: Peter Murray <pete@partnercomm.com>
>To: bri@bostonradio.org
>This just came through from an e-newsletter I receive:
>
>>From Radio And Internet Newsletter (RAIN) 3/17:
>---
>With a series of :60 spots they produced and are airing, Entercom has
>upped the ante in radio broadcasters' turf battle with satellite radio.
>The ads call satellite radio "a lousy deal."
>---
>
>It sounds about as logical as local TV broadcasters casting aspersion upon
>cable or satellite television services...
>
>-Peter
>
>Peter Murray (N3IXY)
>Pittsburgh, PA

I hear spots for XM and Sirius on Entercom-owned WRKO-AM,
usually in the early morning and possibly tagged to such
features as John Walsh's "America's Most Wanted",
Rush's commentary, ABC's  news about technology, etc.
I don't know if WRKO is accepting free-standing XM
or Sirius spots however.

Laurence Glavin