Lowell Folk Fest (was: Dick Pleasants)

Mission Control miscon@miscon.net
Tue Mar 9 17:10:38 EST 2004

Mark Watson pondered:

"While on the subject of Dick Pleasants, I'm curious if his retirement from WGBH-FM will mean the end of their annual Saturday broadcast of the Lowell Folk Festival. Pleasants hosted this broadcast, which was a special edition of his weekly "Folk Heritage" show."

I've been told by a member of WGBH's radio managment that the Lowell Folk Festival "has become a tradition," and that the required equipment and manpower has already been allocated for 2004 and 2005. The broadcast is bigger than any one person it seems, and it also appears that A Celtic Sojourn's Brian O'Donovan will have a larger part in upcoming Folk Festical hosting duties.

Mike