"Savvy Traveler" Waves Goodbye

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Thu Mar 4 17:29:17 EST 2004

The NPR or PRI (I don't know which) program "The Savvy Traveler"
will be ceasing production soon.  This opens up a 1-hour
hole in the WBUR schedule.  I think an excellent replacement
would be WNYC's "On the Media".  It was dropped during
the onset of the Iraq incursion and not restored after
regular programming resumed.  Now, I can listen to it
Sundays on WEVO, but those out of NHPR range are out of luck,
or can access an audio feed on www.npr.org.  So it doesn't
matter to me if WBUR picks it up, but if any others
enjoyed the program and would like it back on FM Channel
215, it might be a good idea to contact the station.

Laurence Glavin