WLIB flagship of Air America

Sven Franklyn Weil sven@gordsven.com
Wed Mar 3 11:57:11 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> The NY Post reports today that The liberal network Air America will have
> a NYC flagship WLIB 1190. Al Franken at Noon, Randi Rhodes ar 3 and
> Janeane Garfolo at 8. Robert Kennedy Jr on weekends.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  WLIB has alwyas been
known as the premier talk station in the black community.  It also plays a
heavy dose of Caribbean reggae/soca music evenings/overnights and
weekends.

I wonder if these time slots will still be unaffected and the only Air
America material will be mid-days and early evenings.  I hope.  Would be
sad to see the reggae music taken off the air.  It's practically the only
remaining music station on AM in New York City.

That being said, WLIB blankets the area with 10,000 watts. Solid signal in
most all of the city.

Appropriate call letters too!!

--
Sven