June 2004 Tower Calendar Station Goes Dark

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sat Jun 26 13:47:51 EDT 2004

If you look at your copy of the 2004 Fybush Tower calendar for June,
you'll note that WCTM-AM 1130 in Eaton, OH is the outlet who towers
are pictured.  Allaccess.com reports that the station has gone
temporarily dark but is being sold;  eveidently health issues with
the owner.
Quizzical question:  as I look at the 3-tower directional array
for a 250-watt daytimer, I was wondering why it's directional at
all.  A check of fcc.gov indicates there are no same-frequency or
adjacent-frequency station for 100 kilometers...an 1140
shows up only if you expand the search to 200km.