ClearChannel and Howard Stern (was: WGIR)

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Jun 18 13:13:22 EDT 2004

>Steve wrote--
>Hey, I read it on the internet, it's gotta be true.  Some baseless rumors
>just won't die.  I have never heard of any CC (or any other chain) decree
>banning a particular artist.

Umm, not baseless at all.  In late May of last year, I commented on this
very fact-- and it is a fact-- on ABC's Nightline.  The ban started with
the Cumulus chain.  CC ordered that anti-war songs be banned.  Both plans
equally scary, both were carried out for a while.