Shaving Cream!

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Wed Jun 16 10:42:50 EDT 2004

At 01:04 AM 6/16/2004, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

>I notice that "Sex in the City" is about to debut on WTBS.  Of course, the
>nudity will be
>edited out somehow, but I wonder how some of the subject matter and
>language will be
>handled.  I'm thinking, in particular, about onw episode involving an
>artist who paints women
>models -- but only the area between their legs.  And the C-word is used
>quite liberally.  I
>can't imagine how they can edit this and still have it make sense.

According to one article I saw, when the series was originally made,
substitute scenes were taped for when the series eventually went into
syndication.  Still, it's possible that some episodes will not be able to
be shown.  Remember, this is still cable/satellite (TBS Network is a
different entity from WTBS ch 17 Atlanta), and thus it can be somewhat more
risque than OTA.

Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH