"Meet the Press" on WTKK

A. Joseph Ross lawyer@attorneyross.com
Mon Jun 14 23:40:12 EDT 2004

On 14 Jun 2004 at 6:33, Dan Billings wrote:

> Am I the only one that thinks running this show on the radio is an odd
> choice?  It's not like any of the Sunday morning news shows are ratings
> powerhouses.  Are there that many people who do not watch the show on NBC
> (or the replay on MSNBC) who will listen on the radio?

Interesting, since I believe "Meet the Press" started on radio.  In any event, it was on both
radio and TV for many years.

I imagine that there may be many people who might be working and be able to have a radio
on, but not a TV.  Or people who might listen while driving in their car.  I've occasionally
caught "60 Minutes" on WBZ while in my car, and I listen if they're doing something I find
interesting.

For that matter, if you compare "Meet the Press" with many things on public radio, I think it's
obvious that the audience is there.  Whether, without seeing advertising, they'll find a
program like "Meet the Press" on a station other than WGBH or WBUR is another matter.