"Meet the Press" on WTKK

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sun Jun 13 15:02:34 EDT 2004

WTKK-FM 96.9 has been making a big deal about its carriage
of the audio of NBC-TV's "Meet the Press".  I happened
to hear a portion of it today (06/13) and noticed that
the station seems to be short-changing listeners.
First it joined the show in progress after headlines
from CNN;  then after about ten minutes of Tim Russert's
interview with Colin Powell, WTKK abruptly broke away
for spots and promotional announcements, then rejoined
"MtP" once again in-progress.  I intend to check the
rerun tonight on CNBC to see if the televised interview
had any  interruptions at all during the Colin Powell
confab.  If not, it seems to me that WTKK is being
unprofessional in the way it packages and promotes
"Meet the Press" on radio.