Mel *QUITS*

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu Jun 3 13:48:14 EDT 2004

Three things here:

1. Even if 1030 were to have to change calls to "WWBZ" or somesuch, it
could still register "WBZ" as its slogan with Arbitron, just as KKOH in
Reno does with "KOH" (a three-letter call that need never have been lost,
but that's another story), so there's no reason someone writing "WBZ" in a
diary wouldn't still have their listening credited to the correct station.

2. Even if Viacom were to spin off Infinity, there's no reason at all that
WBZ-TV and WBZ(AM) couldn't both keep their current calls. I'm sure Viacom
would even be more than happy to continue leasing space at 1170 SFR to
Infinity Radio.

3. According to Tom Taylor and Inside Radio, one of the most reliable
sources out there (disclaimer: I work for Inside Radio/M Street/100 kw),
the rumor about Mel buying back Infinity Radio is just that - an unfounded
rumor.

(Where's Joseph G. when we need him most? ;-)