WWZN / Celtics - Bill Griffith Column

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Tue Jun 1 13:36:28 EDT 2004

>But WBCN (last I checked, and I might be out of date) is not AOR. Modern
>Rock and football don't click as well as classic rock/AOR does.

Have you heard 'BCN lately? They've been mixing in a fair amount of
"hard" classic AOR along with the modern... Led Zep, Hendrix, Pink
Floyd, etc... I guess that's like what's called the "active rock"
format these days.

>Then again, Howard Stern and classic rock appear to be a better match...
>and he isn't on 100.7 either.

I think that has more to do with attitude. WBCN's programming tends
to be somewhat raunchier than WZLX's. Stern is a better fit there.

Eli Polonsky