What they heard on CNN

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sat Jul 31 00:47:25 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garrett Wollman" <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To: "Donna Halper" <dlh@donnahalper.com>
Cc: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 12:09 AM
Subject: Re: What they heard on CNN

> Hopefully, next time the
> networks (if they cover the thing at all) will only cover one night.

I agree.  We've had this discussion before and with multiple channels, there
is no need for every channel to cover such events.

Maybe one of the parties with cut their convention down to a weekend event.
Conventions are really just a historical relic.  They serve no important
purpose other than to get some press for the nominee.  Cut the convention
down to a weekend and put the Presidential nominee on Sunday night which is
a big TV viewing night.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine