WBZ Traffic

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Thu Jul 29 14:38:38 EDT 2004

Roger Kirk asked...
> Is it my fertile, fanciful, frenetic imagination?  Or do the tenacious,
> traffic reporters on WBZ actually agonize over the traffic situations
> and labor long to be appealingly, alliterative in their brisk, breezy
> reports?
>
> frequent examples:
>
> Auburn to Allston (Mass Pike)
> Peabody to Ponkapog (sp?)
> Windham to Woburn (Route 93)

Much like Elliot Abrahms' pun-filled weather forecasts?

I've noticed a few inconsistencies in landmarks.  I've heard the
supermarket that straddles the Mass. Pike in Newton referred to sometimes
as the Star Market (or Stop & Shop...always get those confused), other
times as the "supermarket overpass".  At least I'm assuming both
descriptions are for the same landmark.