WMEX Nashua

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 16:07:59 EDT 2004

  All day today, WSNH (900 Nashua NH) has been running a continuous loop of
the "Cruisin' 1961" album featuring Arnie "Woo Woo" Ginsburg, followed by a
Gary James voiced promo for the "WMEX Summer Sock Hop" taking place Aug.21
at a restaurant in Gilford NH, and inviting those who want to win free
tickets to call WMEX now, toll free number. I heard this promo on my way
home at 3:45, this promo was followed by a quick almost whispered "WSNH
Nashua" ID, then another Gary James voiced piece: "The station you grew up
with, WMEX-FM at 106.5 on the seacoast, and now in the Merrimack Valley,
WMEX at 900AM", then into another airing of "Cruisin'1961".

    So it looks like another call letter change at 900 in Nashua. Are the
WMEX calls available on AM again? I'm guessing this will be a simulcast of
106.5 in Farmington, breaking away for Nashua Pride baseball. Will Maury
Parent's French program still air on Sunday mornings? I hope so, only to
hear "Big Moe" give the WMEX calls in French.

Mark Watson