Let's Talk About Buses

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sat Jul 17 15:00:41 EDT 2004

Like most people, I hate being stuck behind buses while driving
because of the exhaust fumes and because they generally travel
more slowly than the traffic flow.  But yesterday, I actually
stayed behind a bus and got close to it because of an advertising
message on its rear deck.  C-Span had taken out an ad, and I
immediately noted its logo with incredulity: C-Span advertising?
Whe I got closer, I observed that the ad informed Boston-area
drivers that C-Span was the ONLY source of non-stop, uninterrupted
coverage of the DNC convention the last week of July.  Here I
thought that C-Span was purer than Caesar's wife (Julius, not Sid)
and would not stoop to mere commerce.  Next thing you know,
they'll be having fund raisers!  Anyway, now you know where to go for
your convention fix.

Laurence Glavin