Oak Hill Park, Newton MA Towers Nixed

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu Jul 15 07:37:39 EDT 2004

At 12:16 AM 7/15/2004 -0500, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>The biggest thing in play here is the real estate value of the sites. My
>guess is WEEI is sitting on very valuable land in Needham that "could" be
>developed.
>
>But does Entercom own it? American Radio morphed into American Towers
>which is an accountants nightmare. I suspect the Burlington site is the
>best suited for at least 850.

Entercom does indeed own both the 680 and 850 sites.

The 850 site isn't particularly developable for two reasons; first, it's
largely wetland and there would be major environmental issues with trying
to drain it, and second, there's no public road access to it - you have to
go through the Needham Rod and Gun Club, or whatever it's called, to get
back there. It could never be built today if it hadn't been there since
1940-whatever.

680's even wetter.

>And who owns the 1150 site in Lexington?

That one's an American Tower site all the way...