A look back to 1991

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Tue Jul 13 23:07:55 EDT 2004

...and I
> believe part of the problem stems from Howie Carr doing a
> regional show
> instead of pure local.

I check out Howie once in awhile here from his Burlington, VT affiliate.  Being
from the area, I "get" the local stuff, the colloquialisms, the local humor,
even the accents.  Carr does little to connect with the Vermont listeners.  And
I don't think he should, so long as he hopes to garner any of his apparently
dwindling Boston market share on the mother ship.  I just don't see the upside
to syndication for that particular show.  I've grown to enjoy Carr more than I
did in the past, but I still think what's missing is that "digger" attitude he
used to portray even back on Jerry's show as one of the "governors."

Bill O'Neill
Shoreham, Vt.