WBIX testing

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Tue Jul 13 17:13:43 EDT 2004

They were still at it today. They went back to normal daytime operation at
5:00 PM sharp. For sure, they have been running the new nigfht pattern
during the day. Today, my curiosity got the best of me. I drove out Route
117, then north on 27 and 62 to Route 2, then east on 2 to get home. In the
E Acton/W Concord area (within sight of the WBNW towers), 1060 disappeared
completely and was replaced by 1120 on my car radio (even though the radio
remained tuned to 1060). When WBIX is running either its D or CH pattern,
the signal in that area is HUGE. When I turned onto Route 2 to head home,
1060 emerged from the background noise and became quite strong within about
1/10 of a mile. This is consistent with the night pattern displayed by Bob
Carpenter's AMSTNS program.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367