Jack Williams movie review

Joseph Pappalardo joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 22:14:13 EDT 2004

> That is how Boston found out that Natalie was with child. It was also
> how Natalie's husband found out. Tom was finished at WCVB and would then
> become part of WNEV's dream team along with Robin Young.

I remember the details slightly different.

There were a lot of double-entendre things that went on during the Tom
Ellis-Natalie Jacobsen era.  Some may have just been imagined.

However, they were still king of the hill ratings-wise..so whatever Tom and
Natalie had between them personally...they would have to work thru
it...cause they were the #1 newscast at the time.

I remember that when Chan 7 did announced their 'dream team' anchors of Tom
Ellis and Robin Young, it was a surprise to everyone, even Ch 5...because it
meant that Tom was negotiating with Ch 7 while Ch 5 was trying to re-sign
him.

Tom left on his own to take the deal at the NEW ch 7.

I remember everyone commenting on what a sleazy deal it was for him to be
negotiating on the side with Ch 7 while ch 5 was trying to negotiate with
him a new deal.  (I'm not sure I see the problem with him getting the best
deal he can.)

Bob Woolfe, who once acted as Ellis' agent...remarked that it was a sleazy
way to deal...and that he would never represent Tom again.