WCCM or WMRC

Mark Watson markwats@comcast.net
Mon Jul 5 07:53:43 EDT 2004

Dan Strassberg wrote:

> While parked in my garage yesterday, I (just barely) heard a station on AM
> 1490. Oldies format, no commercials, no legal ID during the time I was
> listening (which did not include TOH). Between each pair of songs, they
> announced "Your hometown station, AM 1490," with no call letters.

     That was WCCM, 1490 Haverhill you heard. They run the bird feed 'Good
Time Oldies" format weekday afternoons after 4PM, and weekend nights after 5
or 6PM. I caught them for a few minutes driving home from Salisbury Beach
last night, and apparently on Sundays nights (this was about 11:30 when I
heard it, don't know what time this show starts) the birdffed includes
'Jukebox Sunday Night", which is a show of all pre-Beatles oldies.

Mark Watson