WUML-FM 91.5 Off-the-Air

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Wed Jan 28 16:49:21 EST 2004

UMass Lowell's WUML-FM 91.5 has been off-the-air for at
least 24 hours (I first noticed it Tuesday evening 01/27).
This is interesting because now I get a clear shot at
receiving WNEF-FM 91.7 Amesbury/Newburyport, which is
coming in ok, but not strong enough for stereo.  The
surprise is Univ of NH's WUNH-FM at 91.3 with a much
better signal than the last time then-WJUL was off-the-air.
They've installed a new D.A. that apparently protects Keene to the NW
so it's now B-O-O-M-I-N-G into the northeast
Massachusetts portion of the Merrimack Valley.  Of course,
WPAA-FM Phillips Andover Academy's 91.7 outlet continues
to be absent, thus helping WNEF to be heard;  I wonder
if they've notified the FCC that they've ben silent for
more than a month...I guess not.
The Lowell Sun must not like being eclipsed.

Laurence Glavin
Methuen, MA