NH Primary over-the-air coverage disappoints

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 03:18:36 EST 2004

--- Scott Fybush <scott@fybush.com> wrote:

> I feel bad for any news junkies without cable or
> satellite tonight...

On radio in Boston:
Election coverage followed the B's game on 'BZ radio,
with Jay McQuaid, Peter Meade, Paul Sullivan, etc.
On WRKO, there were TOH updates from the likes of Ben
Parker and Marga Bessette, but mostly they stuck with
the syndie Michael Savage and John Batchelor.

WTKK did local coverage live from The Centre of N.H.,
with Jay Severin and Jim Braude, followed by
seven-hour-old Sean Hannity. At one point Hannity said
that "the exit polls have Kerry and Dean in a dead
heat" even though we had known for awhile that Kerry
had beaten Dean, 39 to 26 per cent. Of course, Hannity
had said this at 5:30 pm EST (aired at 12:30 am EST on
96.9)...

'RKO did carry the Kerry speech via ABC news. 'TKK had
it too but it sounded very tinny--I think they had
someone there with a cellphone...

 I can't tell
> from their website, which still includes a link to
> "name the new Manchester
> baseball team." How about the Fisher Cats?)

It sounds like a joke but it's true: The first name
that was picked was the New Hampshire Primaries!
That went over like a lead balloon, so when the
"name the team" contest was held, Fisher Cats was
indeed the winner. What's a fisher cat? A type
of weasel. Goooo Weasels! :)