Mystery tape

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Tue Jan 27 23:10:17 EST 2004

So I'm cleaning my office (a truly scary thought to contemplate, as anyone
who's seen the place can attest), and I've happened across a mystery tape.
It arrived in September 2002, judging by the postmark, in a padded envelope
from "Compurep Data Technology," with no note inside or name on the label
aside from Compurep's Speen Street address in Framingham. The tape itself
is a Scotch XS II 90 that looks like something from the late 80s, with no
label. And the tape itself sounds like it was passed over a bulk eraser -
there's a hint of audio underneath the tape hiss, but nothing recognizable.

Judging by the return address, I'd think this might have come from someone
on this list - does it sound at all familiar to anyone? (And if so, what
was it supposed to have been?)

This'll drive me crazy now, for sure...