Channel 38 and CBS?

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psu.edu
Tue Jan 27 22:52:20 EST 2004

Kevin writes:
<< I am curious if the out of market areas were blacked out when the Sox

were on? Burlington no doubt was because they carry NESN, but what say
Penn State or Newfoundland? >>

I was here just during the tail-end of baseball season and my roommate
situation (and the fact Channel 38 aired its games on Friday nights,
when I had better things to do such as explore the "nighttime scenery"
:-) didn't really allow me to check that out. I didn't even know we had
Channel 38 on our system until the end of October. I'll report back to
you in the spring since I'll be watching (even though my roommate is a
die-hard Yanks fan).

As far as what Scott was asking about our hookup here ... the cable
system here has some sort of downlink from DirecTV. Don't ask me for the
particulars since I don't profess to know them. I do know we get a lot
of DirecTV promotions during the breaks, however.