Network shows that Boston was home

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Mon Jan 26 22:40:36 EST 2004

At 10:14 PM 1/26/2004 -0500, Bill O'Neill wrote:
>Dan B:
> > I was never a big Zoom fan.  I thought the matching sweaters
> > were queer.  I
> > was more of an Electric Company kid.  I still can't take
> > Morgan Freeman
> > seriously.
>
>Electric Company's memorable open, "Hey you GUYS!" got the job done.  I
>couldn't
>understand how those Zoom kids could remain so happy while being involved in
>lame arts and crafts stuff and then sitting in a circle and "sharing."  I was
>hope for at least one kid to get up, brush off the plaster of paris and blurt,
>"That's it. This sucks. Taxi!"

If I've not mentioned it before on this list, Mrs. Fybush's side project
for the last year and a half (well, her OTHER side project ;-) has been
writing a book about The Electric Company. We've been to NYC several times
and LA once to interview cast members (most of them - Messrs. Freeman and
Cosby have been harder to get a hold of, of course), producers, writers and
such. It's brought back a LOT of memories for me!