(Fwd) CBS Censors Winning Ad

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Sun Jan 25 09:41:54 EST 2004

  A. Joseph Ross wrote:
>Funny how, when it was Clinton, nobody had any trouble getting
>anti-administration ads
>aired.

I'm not sure why, but the anti-Bush ads seem unusually vicious and
mean-spirited.  Not sure why this particular president is so loathed by the
opposition....the Clintons (especially Hillary) were not exactly favorites
of conservatives, but I don't recall this level of venom directed at them.

Maybe viewpoint on this depends on your own particular political
lean....it's always easy to feel like you're being ignored when your views
are out of sync with the majority.

>But the problem is that, with media consolidation, it becomes much harder
>to get dissenting
>ads aired.  Funny how the Republicans pushed media consolidation, and the
>result is to
>silence discussion which opposes their positions.

And --who-- signed the telecom act into law??   I'm sure both sides of the
aisle got substantial "grease" from the lobbyists.