Weber chooses flagship for Manchester baseball

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Sun Jan 25 09:27:30 EST 2004

  Mark Watson wrote:

>   The Nashua Pride have been on 900 in Nashua for the last couple of seasons
>at least. WSMN (1590) has been carrying Red Sox games the last few years,
>maybe they'll pick up the NH Fisher Cats instead.

What is the future of 1590 though?  I understand that both the land the tx
site sits on and the studio building have been sold.  Not much open space
in or around Nashua where you can build a 3-tower DA, and the NIMBYs will
make any attempt to do so very costly.  That station hasn't made any money
in decades...who's gonna pony up the $ necessary to keep it going?  This is
another one of those stations where the real estate is worth more than the
license.