Fw: Billy May, age 87

Paul Hopfgarten paul@03038.com
Sun Jan 25 09:10:44 EST 2004

You CAN use your REAL name here...
Mark Time?
(Hut 1,2,3,4)

-Paul Hopfgarten
-East Derry NH

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org]On Behalf
Of Mark Time
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 4:54 AM
To: Bob Nelson; RBB; boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
Cc: JOEHEDIO@prodigy.net; busnrail@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Fw: Billy May, age 87

--- Bob Nelson <raccoonradio@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- RBB <oldradio@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> > We've lost another legend in the music business,
> > Billy May, at age 87 in Los Angeles.  He
> > was also the Musical Director for Stan Freberg's
> > radio comedy series in the late-1950's.
>
> And I'm sure he worked with Freberg on more than
> a few of his hit records, too.

Yes...KNX had a nice obituary for May late Friday night, mentioning the
Freberg show AND the "American history" album they did together.

> Oddly enough, there's a connection between Freberg
> and the late Miller, too.

Would be REALLY spooky if someone can find a connection between Billy May,
Ann Miller, and Bob Keeshin.  (Besides, of course, that "Captain Kangaroo"
joined the CBS TV lineup not long before Freberg's 15 weeks of fame on CBS
radio).

-- Mark