Boston Globe / Living / Arts / As GM, her job is to pump up sports talk and hard rock

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Sat Jan 24 14:29:51 EST 2004

Cc: boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org

>Ignorance is bliss theory of media reporting?
>
>In the (Manchester NH)Union Leader this week, the local reporter covering
>Derry couldn't even get the correct vote on a Town Council bond vote (she
>had it "unanimous" opposed to the bond, where in reality the vote was 2 in
>favor and 5 opposed [including myself]). To me that's a fairly significant
>screw-up.
>
>-Paul Hopfgarten
>-East Derry NH

In an otherwise interesting story about the sums of money
being spent by candidates in the NH Primary, published
in the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday Jan 21st, this
assertion appeared:  "WMUR-TV, New Hampshire's only
broadcast TV outlet..."
Duh...even if you exclude NHPTV which cannot accept political
ads, there are channels 21, 50 and 60;  and channel
50 carries news, plus weather by Al Kaprelian who makes
Howard Dean seem sedate!  To the best of my knowledge,
the WSJ did not print a correction.

Laurence Glavin