Boston Globe / Living / Arts / As GM, her job is to pump up sports talk and hard rock

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Jan 24 12:24:44 EST 2004

>Sean wrote--
>That being said, I also agree that being a part-timer hampers the radio
>coverage somewhat. But Dean Johnson is not a full-time media reporter;
>he also covers other forms of entertainment (he's a reviewer as well).
>Yet he seems to do a manageable job of covering the beat.

Not trying to make excuses, but Dean has a desk at the Herald and he does
work there fulltime, in a variety of media and music related tasks; he also
does some stuff from home. Clea, on the other hand, doesn't even have an
office to go to.  It really does make life easier when your files are all
organised at one particular location and you have an editor who helps with
fact-checking.