(Fwd) CBS Censors Winning Ad

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Jan 24 11:59:34 EST 2004

Paul wrote:
>First of all, MoveON is about as bias a source of information as you can get
>(I believe they floated the Bush as Hitler ad that they later removed from
>their web site).

Umm, Moveon.org is a Democratic website and doesn't pretend to be
otherwise.  It is no more biased than the Weekly Standard or Newsmax is
from the Republican side.  But they didn't float anything about Hitler--
they were having a contest and they asked for submissions.  Hundreds of
people submitted, including TWO that equated Bush with Hitler.  These ads
did not win.  Btw, Republicans have compared Democrats to Hitler too-- I
think the Hitler comparison and the word 'Nazi' are tossed around way too
frequently-- they do nothing to clarify issues and only get people angry.