Boston Globe / Living / Arts / As GM, her job is to pump up sports talk and hard rock

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Sat Jan 24 09:24:08 EST 2004

Garrett Wollman wrote:
>It's the usual situation: we notice these sorts of errors because we
>have more specialized knowledge than the reporter does.  We don't
>notice other sorts of similar errors because we share the reporter's
>level of ignorance.  This is not necessarily a bad thing.

Agreed.  How many of us mentally tune out during the music, yet come alert
when the dj talks or spots air, more interested in the execution of a
format than the music..much to the amusement and annoyance of non-radio
friends/acquaintances?  It's just one of those things like a barber
noticing everybody's haircut.