Celcius (was: WBZ Florida)

Bill O'Neill billo@shoreham.net
Fri Jan 16 18:13:18 EST 2004

Bob Nelson:

> Speaking of Fahrenheit and Celsius, remember how in
> the 70s we were supposed to go metric? We have, in
> bits and pieces. You can get a 12 oz (aka 355 mL)
> can of soda, or a 2 litre bottle. But gas is still
> in gallons.

I recall <harp sfx> we did Celcius temps on WJUL in the early 80s but that was
bucking the trend that had already started to abandon any effort.  Dual-temps
were the early 80s rule on WCAP for a _brief_ time, IIRC.  I do remember a day
in November.  The eleventh to be exact.  The time?  Eleven past eleven. The
temp?  Eleven Celcius.  I happened to be in a break on WJUL as a kid and looked
up to see all digital numbers in the station reading the number "1".  <harp sfx
under/out> Figured it a coincidence or that my number was up.

Bill O'Neill