WAZN 1470 Watertown on the air today from Lexington

Dan Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Sun Jan 11 12:53:33 EST 2004

November was the last time that WAZN Watertown (ex-WSRO Marlborough) was on
the air from the WTTT 1150 site in Lexington. Today, the station is on the
air again from the Lexington site and is IDing as WAZN Watertown. The
programming is // with co-owned WLYN 1360 Lynn. WAZN's audio sounds rather
muddy and more highly compressed and less pleasing than WLYN's.

In November, the stations' GM, Jeff Kline, reported on the Radio-Info.com
Boston board that WAZN was testing with 800W ND and was operating from
Lexington only during daylight hours. I don't know whether the station is
now using its directional patterns, whether it is using the power specified
in its CP (1.4 kW-D/3.4 kW-N), or whether it will remain on the air after
sunset (4:30 this month). If I were to read that WAZN is now operating with
its day pattern, I could believe it. Where I live, the day pattern would
deliver a signal weaker than 800W ND. The signal I am receiving today seems
weaker than the one I received in November. I live about 1 mile northeast of
the WAZN/WTTT site and about 2.1 miles due north of the WWZN 1510 site. I
had to turn my Super Radio III to null WWZN so that the stronger 1510 signal
didn't cause noticeable interference to the relatively weak 1470
signal--that's with a good radio at a distance of only about a mile.

--
Dan Strassberg, dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367