More on XM

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Thu Jan 8 21:00:39 EST 2004

  Howard Glazer wrote:

>I've been an XM subscriber for about a year and enjoy its musical range
>immensely. Unfortunately, it's sounding less and less like radio and
>more and more like Music Choice. Each round of cost cutting seems to
>cost on-air personalities their jobs. Right now, most of the music
>streams are either jukebox-like song-after-song affairs with liners and
>sweepers,

I'd actually almost prefer it that way.  If I was paying for a music
service I'd want it relatively free of clutter.  The couple of times I
listened to my brother in law's XM, I found the djs too, for lack of a
better term, satellite format-ish (ie-really generic like a syndicated
satellite format), and not particularly entertaining...imho, the djs really
didn't add much...the receivers can display song info anyway.