More on XM

Nostaticatall nostaticatall@comcast.net
Thu Jan 8 18:07:00 EST 2004

What XM agreed to was not to have reports produced locally and fed to
area listeners via their land-based repeaters.  It looks like XM is
expanding the number of channels and each major city will have a channel
with local content.  All of the content will be produced at their main
facility and can be accessed by any XM subscriber anywhere.  So, Boston
will have it's own weather/traffic/news channel (along with 20 other
cities) and you can get it whether you're on 128 or on the 405 in LA.
 The repeaters won't be broadcasting any unique programming that isn't
already available on the main feed.  The NAB is just upset that XM is
horning in on their territory--local information.

Mike Thomas