WFAN

Scott Fybush scott@fybush.com
Thu Jan 8 12:17:06 EST 2004

At 12:00 PM 1/8/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Scott Fybush wrote:
>I was never privy to those stats at BZ, but I know we had a LOT of double
>audio and such during our transition to digital circa 1996-97, and I can
>just imagine what the makegoods must have looked like.
>

>I thought that WBZ was using Mediatouch long before that...late 80s/early
>90s maybe?

Yes, but in a weird way. Rather than using digital audio storage, the
touchscreens simply remote controlled a bank of carts (can't remember the
brand name, though we cursed it every day for years) on the other side of
the window in master control. One of the MC op's most important
responsibilities was to make sure the right carts were loaded in the right
slots in the beast each hour.

It wasn't until the move from the old studios on the west side of the
building to the new ones adjacent to TV news on the south side that we
dumped the carts and went fully digital.