Car radios

Sandra Gitschier sgitschier@cfl.rr.com
Thu Jan 8 09:09:20 EST 2004

My commuter car, a 2002 Kia Rio is bleeping horrible for ignition/brain
noise on AM. I ran a seperate ground wire to my factory AM/FM/CD to the
engine block with no avail. I'm going for making a filter for the power 12+
line and see how much of it comes through the line. The antenna is mounted
just rearward of the windshield on the roof, driver side door area. My next
course of action likely should be seeing about installing a rear-mounted
whip around the trunk area. Being an AM DX buff, the interference drives me
bonkers.

Ron Gitschier
Palm Coast, FL
(hometown Lowell, MA)