WFAN

Matthew Osborne mattosborne1976@yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 12:30:40 EST 2004

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 12:11:17 Sid Schweiger wrote:

> The "newfangled digital stuff," when properly
> configured and maintained, is just as reliable as
> the "classic" gear.  The key is maintenance.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!   Why is it that almost NOBODY in
radio today seems to understand that?  They just
install AudioVault or whatever digital sound system
they decide to use, and just let it go and assume that
it will work flawlessly.  HELLO, MCFLY!! Ever hear of
Windows needing to be periodically rebooted because of
all the memory leaks contained within that will cause
your system to crash??  Apparently the people in
management at the company I used to work for didn't,
and everytime the system would crash or do something
strange, they would complain that AudioVault sucks and
is a crappy system.  And thats only the tip of the
iceberg.  Of course, then again maybe because I'm
learning to be a computer programmer I've just learned
to be savvy to these issues and the average person
doesn't get it, but you'd still think that people or
companies would prepare accordingly when installing a
new digital automation system.

                            Matt Osborne
                            Poughkeepsie, NY