WFAN

Sven Franklyn Weil sven@gordsven.com
Wed Jan 7 09:30:27 EST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> I have a hunch that since NABET is still so strong in NYC that it may
> not be so easy for NYC stations to switch.

WOR and WABC use digital playback for commercials.  I certainly know that
for a fact at WOR.  They also use MiniDisk for recording and archiving
shows.

There are still some cart machines and reel-to-reel decks at WOR.
Even turntables.  They're not really used much anymore though. Well,
except for the turntables. Joe Franklin uses them for his Saturday
overnight show.

--
Sven