WFAN

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Wed Jan 7 09:07:40 EST 2004

Bill O'Neill wrote:
>Just sitting here watching MSNBC and the Imus show.  Scanning the control room
>there are RRs, carts stacked all over, etc.  What's the deal with that?
>Surprised that there isn't more digital storage going on.

I've also seen pix in R&R of whatever station Scott Shannon is PD/AM drive
of and there are full cart racks in the picture.  Hasn't the announcers'
union gotten their shorts all in a twist over voicetracking, and
essentially made it impossible for stations to do?  Maybe there are so many
restrictions on "newfangled" technology written into various contracts as
to not make it worth the hassle?  Sigh.  Do any NYC music stations still
use separate announcer & board op?