What Was That Song?

Jeff Lehmann jjlehmann@comcast.net
Tue Jan 6 11:11:54 EST 2004

This seems to happen a lot. I'm not sure how they are getting the song
information from the stations, but it doesn't seem like its coming right
out of stations' automation systems, because that would surely show
every song that is played. I've noticed that on Top 40 stations anyway
that it appears that only currents, recurrents, and recent golds are
showing up.

Jeff Lehmann
Hanson, MA

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@rolinin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf
Of Brian Vita
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 9:27 AM
To: rogerkirk@mail.ttlc.net; BRI
Subject: Re: What Was That Song?

> The distracting RDS previously posted may not be needed.
radio.about.com
posted an article about www.yes.net - they list the currently playing
song
on more than 1000 stations nationwide.  They also list all the songs
played
(by time) for the last 24 hours.  The Boston list has 11 stations,
Portland
ME has 8.  It also has a "Buy Now" button for the CD.

I checked it out on Sunday with Magic 106.7.  It appeared that it was
only
picking up sporadic songs from her playlist (perhaps only ones on
Magic's
regular rotation).  Is it possible that it didn't pick her up since
she's
not using the standard Magic playlist or was this just a temp tech
glitch?

Brian T. Vita, President
Cinema Service & Supply, Inc.
75 Walnut St. - Ste 4
Peabody, MA  01960-5626 USA
Sales: (800)231-8849/Sales Fax (800)329-2775
Bus Ofc +1-978-538-7575/Business Ofc Fax +1-978-538-7550
www.cssinc.com