WEEI signal was 850 Transmitter Site

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 13:31:32 EST 2004

--- Kevin Vahey <kvahey@tmail.com> wrote:
> People at WEEI maybe interested in reading this
> thread on a Red Sox
> board concerning WEEI and the Sox Network

One post on that thread says: "Expect the Sox to move
to FM in Boston when the current deal with WEEi ends.
This ownership is very aware of WEEi's limitations."

I've mentioned before it's tough to pick up WEEI
at the post office (in N. Reading) where I work at
night, and it would be great if Entercom were to
put the Sox games on WQSX (stick in nearby Peabody)
though right now I doubt that will happen. (That is,
either have WQSX keep current format and simulcast
Sox games on 93.7 for better coverage, at least
north of Boston; OR WEEI moving to 93.7...again,
BOTH of those possibilities are extremely unlikely).

So if the Sox decide to take their broadcast
elsewhere-- maybe to an FM flagship in Boston, where?
Greater Media's WTKK or WKLB? Infinity's WBCN
or WODS? Who?