850 Transmitter Site

Eli Polonsky elipolo@earthlink.net
Mon Jan 5 09:26:41 EST 2004

On 1/5/04 8:07 AM, "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> wrote:

> I suspect that WKOX's move to the WUNR site is dead.

Not yet.

My father, who lives in Newton, received the following Public Hearing
notice in the mail last week. Here's the on-line version pasted from
the City of Newton website:

CITY OF NEWTON

IN BOARD OF ALDERMEN

I. Communications from His Honor the Mayor and other City Boards,
Agencies, and Commissions.

REFERRED TO LAND USE COMMITTEE

PUBLIC HEARING TO BE ASSIGNED FOR JANUARY 13, 2004

#541-03 CLEAR CHANNEL RADIO, BEASLEY BROADCASTING GROUP & CHAMPION
BROADCASTING SYSTEM petition to AMEND Board Order nos. 91260 of 1947;
102720 of 1953; 105686 of 1954, 422-6, 552-66, and 781-73(2) and (3)
for SPECIAL PERMIT/SITE PLAN APPROVAL and EXTENSION OF A NON-CONFORMING
STRUCTURE to replace two existing 353¹ lighted towers for transmission
of AM radio with five 199¹ unlighted transmission antennas (relocated),
including the replacement and relocation of foundation piers, anchor
mounts, footing, guy wires and outbuildings and renovation of interior
and exterior of the existing transmission station building at 750 SAW
MILL BROOK PARKWAY, Ward 8, on land known as Sec 84, Blk 10, Lot 57,
containing approx 805,000 sf of land in a district zoned SINGLE
RESIDENCE 3.

Ref: Sec 30-24, 30-23, 30-18, 30-21(b), 30-8(b)(8) and (9) of the
City of Newton Rev Zoning Ord.