"Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me" Quote About Radio

SteveOrdinetz steveord@bit-net.com
Sat Jan 3 17:14:56 EST 2004

Laurence Glavin wrote:

>It appears that lists of failed prophecies are abundant on the 'Net.
>Several of them quote Bill Gates as saying "640 kb of memory
>should be enough for anybody".  This was in 1981!

Keeping in mind that in 1981 640k was a humungous amout of RAM...even 128k
was on the high side in those days.  I worked at a computer company at the
time...as I recall our video cards had 2k, or if you wanted the high end
one, 4k.  20M of hard drive space on a -server- was considered so big no
one would ever fill it.

>This should deter anyone from making posts here about the future, right?
>Mmmm, we'll see.

Where's Joseph Gallant now that we need him? :-/