Globe: Met Opera out at WBOQ

Rick Kelly nuhuc@juno.com
Sat Jan 3 10:11:26 EST 2004

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 00:37:47 -0500 "A. Joseph Ross"
<lawyer@attorneyross.com> writes:

> I seem to remember that at some point, maybe in the 1980s, WNCN in
> New York switched
> away from a classical music format and even changed its call letters
> Does anyone else know more of the specifics of this story?

WNCN changed to WQIV a "progressive rock" format in I beleive 1974.
There was a huge out cry from WNCN's audience, and I beleive it was less
than a year latter they switched back to WNCN.  In the 1990's, WNCN
switched to rock again as WAXQ... that format remains today.

Rick Kelly
www.northeastairchecks.com