WTTT Channeling WALE?

Laurence Glavin lglavin@lycos.com
Fri Jan 2 18:15:49 EST 2004

I didn't write down all the pertinent info because I was
DRIVING;  but today (01/02/04) while I checked out whether
WTTT-AM was on January pattern-switch, I heard a promo for
a show on money matters hosted locally by two guys whose
names I didn't catch.  I realize the old "Money Experts" who
were put on the air by I believe WHDH-AM 850 initially
and would not have struck anyone as radio pro's.  But these
guys sounded even more amateurish, like the guys who did
"Funny (not) Business on WRKO.  Now I'm just surmising this,
but could this be a deal like the former WALE-990, or
WBPS-AM 890 as a talk station:  the "Hosts" pay the
station for the time and then THEY sell the spots?
This soon-to-be-short-lived show is sscheduled to
start tomorrow (01/03/04) from 10:00 am to noon.  Just
like Feder, I think they'll have to vamp in the absence of callers.

Laurence Glavin
(Noting also that WTTT seems to have an 11-minute offset
at both ends:  going daytime pattern 11 minutes before
local sunrise, and nightime pattern 11 minutes before local sunset!)