Car radios (was: Clear Channel to enhance radio ads with RDS)

Cooper Fox fox893@yahoo.com
Fri Jan 2 13:13:49 EST 2004

> I"ve never seen a car radio that had -NO- manual
> tuning control, but this
> is a major annoyance of mine, too....car radios with
> 94 dinky little
> buttons (some performing different functions
> depending on whether you're
> using the radio or tape/CD).  Aftermarket radios
> have been doing this for a
> long time.  Tough enough just to even use it if you

My fiance's car stereo(aftermarket) at first seems to
not have a manual tune option.  Reading through the
manual(RTFM) I found that it does...  You have to
press and hold the seek for two seconds and then
release.  Then, until you settle on a station for more
than 20 or 30 seconds you can use the seeks to manual
tune the radio.  Normally, I would have a problem with
seek, but the sensitivty for seeking seems to be
turned way down.