Clear Channel to enhance radio ads with RDS

Mark Laurence mlaurence@mindspring.com
Fri Jan 2 00:45:03 EST 2004

On Thursday, January 1, 2004, at 09:31  PM, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> I have, on several occasions, rented Ford Focuses in Tampa while
> visitng my
> mom at the assisted-living facility. These were cars of several
> different
> model years. NONE of the Focus radios had manual tuning controls,
> unless you
> consider the Seek and Scan functions to be such controls. The effect
> of this
> control strategy is that you can't tune to weak stations, which the
> radio IS
> capable of receiving satisfactorily.

I have a Ford Focus and yes, you can manually tune the radio.  It's not
the most intuitive system, but by pushing the Menu button once, you'll
see the indication "Man" in the tuning screen.  Then, the seek-scan
buttons turn into a manual tuner. each click taking you 10kHz or .2 mHz
up and down the dial.  Try it next time.  Actually it's a good quality
radio and CD player, and my only complaint is the click-steps on the
volume control are either too loud or too soft: I wish there was a
volume level marked 2.5.

Mark