A "Legal" 99.9 For Lawrence?

RogerKola@aol.com RogerKola@aol.com
Thu Jan 1 17:33:06 EST 2004

In a message dated 01/01/04 4:33:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
billings@suscom-maine.net writes:

> Anyone have any numbers on the FCC budget?  I would be shocked if it has
>  actually been reduced in the last 20 years.  I bet it has increased very
>  year.

I got this far:   S. 1264, FCC Reauthorization Act
http://www.cbo.gov/showdoc.cfm?index=4534&sequence=0

And it will take an Attorney and an accountant to figure out all the plusses
and minuses...it looks as though they over budget and justify it by saying it
will be offset in fees to "broadcasters."

Then there is this Act:
S. 1250, Enhanced 911 Emergency Communications Act of 2003

Which is of course going to require that much spectrum be analyzed, moved,
reassigned to streamline the Public Services and requirements coming out of
terrorism threats and as a result of the breakdown in communications during "Twin
Towers"

Then a couple of these:

 H.R. 1320, Commercial Spectrum Enhancement Act, July 11, 2003
 Covering the use of the funds gained from auctioning government spectrum to
commercial users and whether it can be applied to FCC's Budget directly or go
into a holding fund to be given back partially.

Where is Ralph Nader when you need him?

Roger
WA1KAT